Overview of Log Now

You are here:
Estimated reading time: 1 min

The City of Johannesburg relies on its residents to log service delivery failures so that it may have the opportunity to attend to them.

If issues are not logged on the City’s service delivery systems, the entities are unlikely to be aware of the breakdowns until you report them. The issues may remain unresolved.

The sooner we log and report an issue and the more residents who do so, the sooner the issue can be resolved. You are the eyes and ears and the City of Johannesburg is dependant on you to alert the departments.

  • City Power
  • City Parks and Zoo
  • Joburg Water
  • Joburg Roads Agency (JRA)
  • EMS / Joburg Metro Police Department (JMPD)
  • Pikitup

COJ relies on every resident to participate.

Logging an Issue 

Before rushing to your ward councillor to address issues in your ward, the procedure to follow is – firstly ensure that you have logged the complaint with the relevant City entity and received a reference number. You are encouraged to log your complaints with the correct entity prior to contacting your local ward councillor for him/her to escalate the matter. Officials will be unable to follow up or trace your issue if there has been any progress without a reference number.

Here’s is the process to follow to log a fault:

  • Report the incident to the relevant entity listed below.
  • Billing is attended to by the City Billing / Accounts department.
  • It is essential to obtain a REFERENCE number.Allow the department an opportunity to resolve the issue according to the times below.When you follow up provide your reference number.
    If there is no resolution -THEN contact the relevant Business Centre Agent below to escalate the problem else escalate the issue to your Councillor if there has been no resolution.


Was this article helpful?
Dislike 0
Views: 496